Monday 31 May 2010

Festivals on Tenerife – Santa Blues 2010


Great news for blues fans on Tenerife, it looks as though the Santa Blues festival in Santa Cruz is going ahead this year.
I don't know where Colin Kirby found the information for Tenerife Magazine as I've been scouring cyberworld for weeks looking for the merest mention of one of my favourite festivals of the year, but I'm cock-a-hoop that he did.

The festival seems to chop and change its format on a yearly basis; this year will be held over three consecutive nights between 24th & 26th June. As the San Juan celebrations take place on the 24th June, it promises to be one of the best weeks of the year on Tenerife.

Festival Details

24th June – American blues guitarist and singer, Larry McCray headlines with support acts from  Rojas Blues Band and Esther Ovejero.

25th June - American blues songstress Sandra Hall headlines with The Johnny Perez Trio as support act.

26th June – American swamp blues guitarist and singer Kenny Neal headlines on the final night of the festival with The Tina Rioro Quartet supporting.


Hot blues on sultry summer nights – my idea of festival heaven.

The music kicks off at 9pm each night and the whole shebang is free.

4 comments:

islandmomma said...

Yay! I've been looking too, and your info is the first I've seen. Not as prestigious a lineup as some in the past, but I suppose that would be down to La Crisis, and how can you complain when it's free???

Real Tenerife said...

True. I was blown away at seeing Robert Cray for free a couple of years ago, but then I hadn't heard of The Deans and loved them at last year's festival.

I've had a listen to Larry McCray & Kenny Neal on YouTube and think I'll be heading into the city to see both of them.

Anonymous said...

The posters have just gone up around town (Santa Cruz) for Santa Blues, so looks like it's definitely on! Looking forward to it.

Real Tenerife said...

Cheers for that bit of info. Often the best way of finding out what's going on is to check out the posters plastered about towns...sometimes it's the only way!!